What Would Life Be Without Mistakes?

 Let me be clear from the beginning. I have made a lot of mistakes during my life. I have made mistakes that I don't even know about to this day. Even the ones I do know about, I cannot remember very clearly.


Mistakes are a part of life. Unfortunately, some people believe they live their whole life without making any mistakes.


That's mistake number one.


I am where I am today because of the mistakesin my life. I have learned a lot from my mistakes, except I have not learned not to make any more mistakes.


If somebody has not made mistakes in life, I would have to give that award to the Gracious Mistress of the Parsonage. Perhaps the closest she has ever come to making a mistake was in marrying me, but that certainly was not my mistake at all. Marrying her was the best choice I have ever made in life.


I suppose she does make mistakes, but she knows how to fix them before anybody notices them. I wish I knew how she does that.


Those who think they make no mistakes in life are just kidding themselves and are not really living.


I remember several years ago a mistake I made. I planned to fill up my truck with gas for the week. It was clearly on empty. I should never have let it get that low, but I did.


As I drove to the gas station, I thought of something I needed to pick up at Publix, which was on the way. So I stopped, went in and bought the item I wanted and then went out to get in my truck and go get some gas.


As I turned the key to start the engine, it did not start. I didn't know what to do at the time. I tried my best to start it, but nothing I did managed to start it.


Then, I looked at the fuel tank gauge and saw that it had passed empty, and according to that, the truck was out of gas.


That was a big mistake. That mistake brought me a terrible consequence.


I sat in the truck for a few moments staring at my cell phone. I knew what I had to do, but I didn't want to do it. In a few minutes, I tried to start it again, and I had the same result.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Thumb Versus Black and Blue Thumb

I Didn't Do It My Way